Local road closure information for the 2019 YEPPOON TRIATHLON FESTIVAL
INFORMATION IN BRIEF. PLEASE REFER TO THE CLOSURE MAPS FOR VISUAL REFERENCE:
• The Surf Club car park will be closed from 4:00am Friday 19th July – reopening Sunday 21st 3:30pm
• The road in front of The Strand (from the roundabout to just before Lure Living) will close 4:00am – and open at 10:30am
• Between the Surf Club and Iwasaki roundabout the West side of Farnborough Road will have full access.
• The Todd Avenue area will have access in and out all day via Corbett Street.
• For those travelling on Farnborough Road north of the Iwasaki Roundabout, you will have access all day. This includes Woodwind Valley Road, Millview Road and the Farnborough Shop.
• You will be able to travel north the entire route to Browns Lane, Byfield.
• If you need to get back to Yeppoon you can turn right under traffic management at Heinz Lane and come back in via the resort road.
• Fishing Creek Road will remain open for the entire day.
We do ask that due to changed traffic conditions you allow more time than usual to get to your destination.
We ask for your patience in these detours, both with the volunteers and traffic controllers as their job is to protect the many athletes from across the region and Australia racing in the event.
The Yeppoon Triathlon Festival brings a national focus and significant tourism boost to Yeppoon and the greater region, drawing in over $500,000 to the local economy.
For further information or questions please contact the race organiser, Glenn Skinner, on 0407 807 147
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for News and Race Updates
Be the first to know what's happening in the Triathlon Festival.