Terms and Conditions of Entry
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights.
1. I acknowledge that competitive triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, swimming, running or any other event provided by 4th Leg PTY LTD involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, & accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
3. By competing, I accept all risks necessarily following from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Triathlon Australia Inc., Triathlon Queensland Inc, and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over land upon which the event or any part of it conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving and medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
5. I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in this event may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, bicycle, and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
8. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
9. My registration is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, my registration fee is non-refundable.
10. I have listed within the registration process my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical or physical conditions harm which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment if needed. I accept the risk of competing, despite these conditions.
11. I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by Triathlon Australia and the event organiser and race director.
12. Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions of their discretion. If that occurs this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
13.I understand that if I state that I am a competing member of Triathlon Australia and the event organiser finds that the membership number provided is not valid or my membership has lapsed, that the entry will be amended by Triathlon QLD and I understand I will be charged the appropriate One Day Membership fee per event to the Credit Card that I used to enter the event(s).
14a.I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and I have read this document and fully understand it.
14b. I am the legal parent or guardian of the under 18 year old participant and am signing on their behalf.
15.Failure to return timing chips at the end of the event (if not instructed otherwise i.e. disposable chip) will incur a replacement charge of $80.00.
16. If applicable, late entries will be considered and will incur a higher fee, to be assessed at the time of booking.
17. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that myself or child can complete the distance chosen to compete in safely.
The www.yeppoontriathlonfestival.com.au website (“this website”) is owned by 4th Leg Pty Ltd (“us”, “we”). By entering this website, “you” the User accept without limitation the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) set out herein. If you do not accept the Terms you should exit this website. If you have any questions relating to these Terms please contact the Yeppoon Triathlon Festival office.
1. Privacy and security
The use of any material contained on this website is strictly prohibited for use on any other internet site. This website and all content including but not limited to its design, text, graphics, selection and arrangement is Copyright of © Yeppoon Triathlon Festival and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner. Third party images, trademarks and brands which may be included on the website may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owners. Any link established with this site shall not permit you to use our or third party content names logos images or trademarks unless separately agreed to in writing by the relevant rights-holder. Nothing in this agreement is intended to override your statutory rights and exceptions under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended and revised.
3. Representations and warranties
This website and its contents are provided without any representations or warranties of any kind either express or implied. You the user assume all costs arising as a result of the use of this website. We do not represent or warrant that the information and/or facilities accessible via this website are accurate complete or current or that this website will be free of defects including, but not limited to viruses or other harmful elements.
When this website contains links to other sites we are not responsible for the content of any such site linked to or from this website and we disclaim all warranties express or implied as to the accuracy legality reliability or validity of any content on any other site.
4. Limitation of liability
Those who choose to access this website do so at their own risk. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information and copyright of material on this website, any and all liability which might arise from your use of and reliance on the information contained on this website is excluded. As permitted by applicable laws, we will not be liable for loss or damages arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data income profit, or loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all liability and costs including without limitation legal fees and costs incurred by us in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms. You will co-operate as fully as reasonably required by us in our defence of any claim. We reserve the right at our expense to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter and you shall not in any event settle any matter without our written consent.
If any of these Terms are unenforceable, unlawful, invalid or void then it is severed and the rest of the Terms remain in force.
7. Variation of terms
We may add to change or remove any part of these Terms at any time without notice. By continuing to use this website after any changes are displayed you indicate your acceptance of those changes.
8. Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Sign up for News and Race Updates
Be the first to know what's happening in the Triathlon Festival.