03 August 2016, 6PM
CQ’s first look at the All-New Koleos
A first for not only Yeppoon but also Central Queensland will see our principal sponsor, DC Motors, showcasing their much anticipated 2017 All-New Renault Koleos during this year’s Yeppoon Triathlon Festival.
The 2017 Koleos is launched nationally this Friday with CQ’s first viewing available everyday on the Yeppoon foreshore across the triathlon festival weekend.
We understand there are three different models available; Life, Zen and Intens, with the Zen model being on show during the festival.
As outdoor and active people we’re excited to see the new beast edging closer towards being a large SUV, with loads of storage and cargo cubbies. The boot itself is around 624 litres with a two tiered loading floor which should handle quite a bit of Tri gear indeed! There’s also a large amount of knee room for lanky back seaters, heaps of elbow room and bigger door apertures so you can leap in and out without hinderance.
The Koleos also has loads of accessory options including some pretty sexy carriers, so if you can’t fit it in the back you can easily put it on the roof.
The power across the range is the same 2.5 litre petrol as that of the X-Trail producing 126kW at 60000rpm and 226N of torque at 4400rpm; we’re not really sure what that means but it sounds as though it would definitely belt along and also tow a few tonnes without breaking a sweat.
However, it’s the inside cabin that’s really captured our attention, with high-end features such as heated rear seats, LED ambient cabin lights, high-end materials, a BOSE audio system and standard large tablet displays – as we’ve seen with other new Renaults such as the 2016 Megane.
High-end active safety features available will include autonomous brakes, lane assist, automatic headlights, blind-spot monitoring and tiredness detection.
The Koleos will be available for test drives this coming Monday 8th August at DC Motors Renault in Rockhampton.
For those of us a little more detail minded checkout the full list of standard features per model below
• 4×2 drive configuration
• Cloth upholstery
• Tyre pressure monitor
• Hill Start Assist
• Automatic dual-zone climate control air conditioning
• Automatic dusk-sensing headlights
• Automatic windscreen wipers with rain sensor
• Front and rear fog lights (front with cornering function)
• LED taillights
• 17 inch alloys with a full sized temporary spare wheel
• Leather steering wheel
• Rear parking sensors
• Rear view camera
• R-LINK2 Multimedia system with landscape 7.0-inch capacitive touch screen, aux, two USB ports and fingertip controls
• Shark-fin antenna
• Automatic electronic parking brake
• Electric adjustable driver’s seat
• Heated front seats
• Keyless entry with automatic walk-away door locking
• R-LINK2 navigation and multimedia system with voice control and custom home screens
• Soft-touch artificial leather upholstery
• Rear privacy glass
• 18-inch alloy wheels
• Optional electric panoramic sunroof (price still to be confirmed)
• Optional safety pack (Advanced Emergency Braking, Blind Sport Warning, Forward Collision Warning) (price still to be confirmed)
• 4X4 driven wheels
• Remote engine start
• Pure vision LED headlights
• Blind Spot Warning
• Lane Departure Warning
• Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS) – Interurban
• Forward Collision Warning
• Easy Park Assist (parking assistance system)
• Hands-free power tailgate
• RLINK2 with portrait 8.7 inch capacitive touchscreen
• Full grain leather upholstery with heated and ventilated front seats
• Interior ambient cabin lighting
• Bose audio system with 12 speakers, subwoofer and digital amplifier
• Electric panoramic sunroof
Sign up for News and Race Updates
Be the first to know what's happening in the Triathlon Festival.